|An unannounced annual visit was conducted today by Licensing Program Analyst (LPA), Carmen Sastre. Present during the visit were the licensee, her husband Francisco Sandoval, their adult daughter Daisy Sandoval and six day-care children. Licensee, her husband, daughter Daisy and their minor child reside in the home. Background clearances were discussed and licensee signed LIS531 indicating all adults residing and/or providing care and supervision have a criminal record clearance. This facility does NOT PROVIDE Incidental Medical Services (IMS); policy was discussed. For IMS information see Evaluator Manual - Regulation Interpretations and Procedures for Child Care Centers Sections 101173 and 101226. When any IMS is provided, an updated Plan of Operation that includes IMS must be submitted to the Department. The following information regarding ADA was provided: US Department of Justice (USDOJ) toll-free ADA Information Line at (800) 514-0301 (voice)/ (800) 514-0383 (TTY) and link to publication: Commonly Asked Questions about Child Care Centers and the ADA, available at: http://www.ada.gov/childqanda.htm. A handout in English and Spanish regarding SIDS was provided to the licensee, as part of the Department's efforts to inform licensees on SIDS prevention. The following was observed or discussed.
- The licensee and assistants have current pediatric CPR and First Aid that expire on February 2019. . Preventative Health Practice was completed and confirmed at pre-licensing visit.
- The home is clean and orderly, with heating and ventilation for safety and comfort.
- Furnishings and equipment for the children were observed. Also observed toys, play equipment, and materials.
- A current roster of children in care is maintained. Verified that immunization records are maintained and license updates records for children in care. Licensee provides a copy of Parent’s Rights to all parents and/or child’s representative.
- The licensee ensures that children in care are supervised at all times.
- Fire and disaster drills are conducted at least once every six months, and documented with the date and time. Last exercise was completed on 2/24/17.