|16. Menus for snacks and lunch were observed. |
17. Facility functioning carbon monoxide detector(s) that meet statutory requirements.
18. Playground equipment is in good condition, free of sharp, loose, or pointed parts.
19. Areas around high climbing equipment and slides have cushioning material to absorb falls.
20. Licensee was observed to be operating within the conditions, limitations, and capacity specified on the license.
21. Staff has current CPR and Pediatric 1st Aid certificates.
23. LPA observed full legal signatures during inspection of the sign in and sign out boards.
24. LPA observed all children were signed in and signed out by the person(s) responsible for the child(ren).
The following was thoroughly discussed with the licensee:
This facility provides Incidental Medical Services – IMS. LPA reviewed storage of medication and equipment/supplies, and reviewed children’s, personnel, and administrative records. For IMS information see Evaluator Manual - Regulation Interpretations and Procedures for Child Care Centers Sections 101173 and 101226.The following information regarding ADA was provided: US Department of Justice (USDOJ) toll-free ADA Information Line at (800) 514-0301 (voice)/ (800) 514-0383 (TTY) and link to publication: Commonly Asked Questions about Child Care Centers and the ADA, available at: http://www.ada.gov/childqanda.htm
Incidental Medical Services Include: Blood-Glucose Monitoring for Diabetic Children, Administering Inhaled Medication, Administering EpiPen Jr. and EpiPen or other Epinephrine Auto-Injectors, Glucagon Administration, Gastrostomy Tube Care (G-tube care), Insulin Injections Administration, Anti-Seizure Administration, and Carrying out medical orders when the child’s physician has determined that a layperson can be trained and safely carry out the orders.