|16. Snack menus were observed to be posted at least one week in advance, where an authorized representative can view them, are dated, and kept on file for 30 days, and are available on request.|
17. Facility has a functioning carbon monoxide detector(s) that meet statutory requirements.
18. Playground equipment is in good condition, free of sharp, loose, or pointed parts.
19. Children are not allowed to use the play equipment. Preschool has a waiver to use the kindergarten play yard.
20. Licensee was observed to be operating within the conditions, limitations, and capacity specified on the license.
21. At least one person was observed to be trained in CPR and Pediatric 1st Aid. Center Director has 1st Aid and CPR cards expire on 03/2019.
22. LPA observed sign in and sign sheets.
The following was thoroughly discussed with the licensee:
This facility provides Incidental Medical Services – IMS. LPA reviewed storage of medication and equipment/supplies, and reviewed children’s, personnel, and administrative records. For IMS information see Evaluator Manual - Regulation Interpretations and Procedures for Child Care Centers Sections 101173 and 101226.The following information regarding ADA was provided: US Department of Justice (USDOJ) toll-free ADA Information Line at (800) 514-0301 (voice)/ (800) 514-0383 (TTY) and link to publication: Commonly Asked Questions about Child Care Centers and the ADA, available at: http://www.ada.gov/childqanda.htm
Incidental Medical Services Include: Blood-Glucose Monitoring for Diabetic Children, Administering Inhaled Medication, Administering EpiPen Jr. and EpiPen or other Epinephrine Auto-Injectors, Glucagon Administration, Gastrostomy Tube Care (G-tube care), Insulin Injections Administration, Anti-Seizure Administration, and Carrying out medical orders when the child’s physician has determined that a layperson can be trained and safely carry out the orders.
Commencing September 1, 2016, SB 792, prohibits a person from being employed or volunteering at a child care facility or family day care if he or she has not been immunized against influenza, pertussis, and measles. Influenza waiver was discussed.