|Licensee informed to review Quarterly updates/regulations for 2015-2019 on the department website: Summer 2015 - Incidental Medical Services information.|
Please be mindful of the following safe sleep best practices:
• Always place infants on their backs for sleeping
• Use only a tight-fitting sheet on the crib or play yard mattress
• Do not hang any items from the crib or above the crib
• Keep all items, including blankets, out of the crib or play yard
• Pacifiers may be used as long as they do not have items attached to them
• Infants should not be swaddled or have any items covering them while sleeping
• The temperature of the room should be comfortable enough for an adult to wear a t-shirt and not be too hot or too cold
Note: the above guidelines are recommendations for best practices only, until regulations are approved and adopted.
Thank you for all that you do to help keep our children safe.
Safe to Sleep Campaign: https://safetosleep.nichd.nih.gov/materials