|(1) An unannounced Required - 3 Year inspection was conducted by Licensing Program Analyst, Patricia Musso today 8/9/18. Licensee was only caring for her granddaughter today. |
Licensee is Spanish speaking only. At the beginning of this inspection, licensee called her adult daughter to translate this inspection.
Background clearances were discussed and licensee signed LIS531 indicating adults residing in the home and/or working in the facility have a criminal record clearance and/or have an exemption.
A tour of the facility was conducted and the following was observed and/or discussed:
· Licensee updated her Pediatric CPR and First Aid certification on 7/5/18 but instructor has not yet mailed
the cards to participants.
· This is a one story home.
· A current roster of children in care was observed.
· Facility has a fire extinguisher, working smoke alarm, carbon monoxide alarm, and first aid kit.
· Cleaning products, knifes, and medications are stored out of the reach of children.
· Licensee states there are no poisons in the home or premises. She understands if present they are to be
stored in locked area and inaccessible to children.
· Licensee states there are no weapons in or on the premises.
· There is no fireplace in this home.
· Verified facility has a landline/cell and confirmed phone number.
· The home is clean and orderly and has central heating and air conditioning for comfort.
· Care and supervision is provided in the play, dinning, living and hall bath rooms. Facility has child size
furniture, toys, and games.
· Off-limits rooms are made inaccessible by use of door knob spinners and door locks.
Hours of operation are Monday through Saturday from 4:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Licensee states overnight care is not provided.