The following was observed:
· Classroom are adequately equipped with age and size appropriate furniture and equipment.
· Drinking water is available for inside and outside drink.
· Playground is fully enclosed by an appropriate fence.
· Outdoor activity area is supplied with age and size appropriate equipment.
· Shade is provided trees and shade structures.
· Snacks and lunches are provided by parents and provided by the facility if the child does not bring one.
· The preschool office will serve as the isolation area for ill children until parents arrive.
· A separate staff restroom is available.
· Medication will be stored in the office inaccessible to children in care.
· Sign in/Sign out procedure was reviewed and meets regulation requirements. This facility utilizes an electronic sign in/out system.
· There is a working smoke detector, carbon monoxide detector and fire extinguisher that meet statutory requirements.
Director was reminded about teacher child ratio requirements, direct visual supervision requirements, emergency/disaster drills, posting requirements, children records, mandated child abuse and injury/ death reporting, mandated reporter training, immunization requirements against measles, pertussis, and influenza and fingerprint clearance requirements.
This facility provides Incidental Medical Services -IMS. LPA reviewed storage of medication, equipment/supplies, and reviewed children's, personnel, and administrative records. For IMS information see Evaluator Manual - Regulation Interpretations and Procedures for Child Care Centers Sections 101173 and 101226. When any IMS is provided, an updated Plan of Operation that includes IMS must be submitted to the Department. The following information regarding ADA was provided: US Department of Justice (USDOJ) toll-free ADA Information Line at (800) 514-0301 (voice)/ (800) 514-0383 (TTY) and link to publication: Commonly Asked Questions about Child Care Centers and the ADA, available at: http://www.ada.gov/childqanda.htm
Continued on Page 3