|The following was reviewed with the licensee(s):|
- AB 978 – Zero Tolerance Related Regulations went into effect January 18, 2011 – In accordance with California Health and Safety Code Section 1596.99(c)/1597.58(c) – it was explained that an immediate $150 Civil penalty will be assessed for each serious violation and a civil penalty of $150 per day per violation will be assessed until corrected
- AB 2084 - Nutritious Beverages in Child Care Facilities effective Januay 1, 2012 - was explained that only low-fat or non-fat milk is to be served to children 2 years of age or older; and limit juice to one serving of 100% juice per day; serve no beverages with added sweeteners; and water must be available and accessible to children throughout the day.
- AB 1918 – Smoking prohibition on the premises of Family Child Care Homes, effective January 1, 2015 – This bans smoking tobacco in a home that is licensed as a family child care home, and in those areas of the family child care home where children are present. This change in law was based on demonstrated negative health effects of second and “thirdhand” smoke on children. Thirdhand smoke generally refers to the residue from tobacco smoke that sticks to surfaces after the secondhand smoke has cleared.
- AB 2621 – Public information posted on the internet, effective January 1, 2015 – The Department shall post licensing information for Family Child Care Homes on its Internet Web site to include:
· The Name
· The Status of the license
· The number of citations
· The number of site visits, including:
· Non-complaint inspections
This information will be updated at least monthly on the website and will span the preceding five-year period.
· Substantiated and inconclusive complaint inspections