|· The home has a current roster of the children.|
· The licensee does provide the children's parent's or representatives with a copy of the Family Child Care Home Notification of Parent's Rights.
· AB 633 – Parent Notification Requirements effective January 1, 2007 – were explained during this visit.
· AB 978 – Zero Tolerance Related Regulations went into effect January 18, 2011 – In accordance with California Health and Safety Code Sections 1596.99(c)/1597.58(c) – it was explained that an immediate $150 Civil penalty will be assessed for each serious violation and a civil penalty of $150 per day per violation will be assessed until corrected.
· AB 2084 - Nutritious Beverages in Child Care Facilities effective January 1, 2012 - was explained that only low-fat or non-fat milk is to be served to children 2 years of age or older; and limit juice to one serving of 100% juice per day; serve no beverages with added sweeteners; and water must be available and accessible to children throughout the day.
· AB 2386 – Carbon Monoxide Detector Regulations went into effect January 1, 2015 – In accordance with California Health and Safety Code Section 1597.543 – every family day care home for children shall have one or more carbon monoxide detectors in the facility that meet the standards established in Chapter 8 (commencing Section 13260) of Part 2 Division 12.
· AB 2621 – Smoking prohibition on the premises of Family Child Care Home, effective January 1, 2015 - This bans smoking tobacco in a home that is licensed as a family child care home, and in those areas of the family child care home were children are present. This change in law was based on demonstrated negative health effects of second and "thirdhand" smoke on children. Thirdhand smoke generall refers to the residue from tobacco smoke that sticks to surfaces after the secondhand smoke has cleared.
· AB 1918 - Health and Safety Code 1596.819. (a) Except as otherwise prohibited by law, the department shall post licensing information on it's internet web site as follows: Section 1596.750, the information for family child care homes shall include the licensed capacity of the facility, the status of the department shall update the information posted on at least a monthly license and the number of site visits, including the number of citations, substantiated and inconclusive basis.