|- SB 792 – Immunization requirements for staff, volunteers, effective September 1, 2016 – In accordance with California Health and Safety Code Section 1596.7995(a)(1) - Commencing September 1, 2016, a person shall not be employed or volunteer at a day care center if he or she has not been immunized against influenza, pertussis, and measles. Each employee and volunteer shall receive an influenza vaccination between August 1 and December 1 of each year. If employees/volunteers are receiving the influenza vaccination they must do so between August 1 and December 1 of each year. |
- AB 2231 (2016) – Increased Civil Penalties, effective July 1, 2017 – For failing to correct a violation the civil penalty is increased to $100 per day for EACH violation until corrected; For failing to correct a repeated violation the civil penalty is increased to $250 immediately assessed , and $100 per day afterwards for EACH repeated violation until corrected; For a Zero Tolerance violation the civil penalty is increased to $500 immediately assess, and $100 per day for EACH violation after that until corrected; For any repeated Zero Tolerance violation the civil penalty is increased to $1,000 immediately assess, and $100 per day afterwards for EACH repeated violation until corrected.
- NOTE: Repeat violations are defined as a violation of a previously cited statutory or regulatory Section and/or subsection within 12 months prior.
- Effective January 1, 2017 – Children under 2 years of age shall ride in a rear-facing car seat unless the child weighs 40 or more pounds OR is 40 or more inches tall. For additional information regarding car seat laws see www.chp.ca.gov
- Access to forms & Regulations for a Child Care Center are online at www.ccld.ca.gov.
- Please subscribe at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive Department updates. They will be sent directly to your e-mail account once you have set up an account. This website can also be accessed through www.ccld.ca.gov