|A Random Annual (3) visit is being conducted as a compliance review. Present during this visit were Licensee, Co-Licensee/mother, Marcia Booker and Assistant, Nina Martinez. Licensing Program Analyst (LPA), Joanne Domingo toured the facility, inside and out, and the following was observed:|
· The facility is operating within the licensed capacity and appropriate ratios YES
· The licensee is present in the home and ensures that children in care are supervised at all times. When temporarily absent from the home, the licensee arranges for a substitute adult to care for and supervise children in their absence. YES
· Each child has safe, healthful, and comfortable accommodations, furnishings, and equipment YES
· Children are not left in parked vehicles YES
· Appropriate fire extinguisher and smoke detector present YES
· The facility has one or more functioning carbon monoxide detectors that meet the statutory requirements CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR LOCATED IN UPSTAIRS HALLWAY
· The fireplace is properly screened YES
· The facility has adequate heating and ventilation YES
· Where children less than five years old are in care, stairs are fenced or barricaded YES
· Clean, safe and age appropriate toys YES
· Storage areas for detergents, cleaning compound, medications and other hazards which could pose a danger to children are stored where they are inaccessible to children. YES
· Poisons and toxins are stored in key-locked area and remain locked while children are in care YES
· No guns or weapons present as stated by the Licensee NONE AS OF8/16/16. APPLICANT UNDERSTANDS ALL GUNS, WEAPONS AND AMMUNITION MUST BE KEY-LOCKED SEPARATELY AND MADE INACCESSIBLE PER TITLE 22 REGULATIONS.
· No bodies of water NONE AS OF 8/16/16. LICENSEE UNDERSTANDS ALL BODIES OF WATER INCLUDING, PONDS, ABOVE GROUND POOLS & SPAS, IN-GROUND POOLS & SPAS, AND FOUNTAINS MUST BE PROPERLY COVERED OR FENCED PER TITLE 22 REGULATIONS. THE DEPARTMENT MUST BE NOTIFIED BEFORE AND AFTER INSTALLATION OF THE ABOVE TYPES OF BODIES OF WATER. IN ADDITION, ALL TYPES OF WATER ACTIVITY TABLES, TOYS INCLUDING PORTABLE WADING POOLS MUST BE EMPTIED IMMEDIATELY AFTER USE AND STORED IN AN UPRIGHT POSITION WHEN NOT IN USE. FAILURE TO REPORT AND NOTIFY THE DEPARTMENT WILL RESULT IN CIVIL PENALTIES.