|Licensing Program Analyst (LPA) Van met with Lead teacher, Daisy Chan for an unannounced annual random inspection. Director/Principal, Ivy Ng is on vacation. The purpose of the inspection was explained and was granted entry to the facility by the Lead Teacher. This is a preschool program. The facility operates in 5 classrooms, they are room #1, #2,#4,#5 and #6. Present today are 48 children with 13 teachers. Staff to children ratio are met. Days and hours of operations are from Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM. |
Per Lead teacher, there are no firearms, weapons or pets at the center. Sick children will be separated from the group and waited in the office for parents to pick up. Per Lead teacher, the center provides two snacks, breakfast, and lunch for children. Water bottles are brought from home and readily available for children. The food is prepared off site, by the school districts own facilities. Lead teacher stated Fire and Earthquake drills are done on monthly basis, the last fire drill was completed on 11/12/19.
With director, LPA inspected the day care areas for health and safety hazards. The following were observed the following;
- Facility has a sign in / out record with full legal signatures from parent or authorized representative.
- The facility is in good repair, free of any hazards, and has proper temperature and ventilation.
- Variety of age appropriate toys and learning materials for children are available.
- Furniture, equipment, sufficient amount of sleeping mats for children are available.
- There are no pools, spas or other bodies of water at the facility.
- There is sufficient storage available for the children's belongings
- There are separate toilet and sinks available for staff & children. Toilets and sinks are reachable by children. Toilet paper, soap and towels are available and the bathrooms are clean.
- Food preparation area is clean, organize, foods store appropriately, and the menu is observed to be posted.
- Medication is stored in the classrooms in locked cabinets and also locked in backpack pouches
- Facility has smoke detector, carbon monoxide detector, fully charged fire extinguisher and a working telephone in each classroom.