|Licensing Program Analyst (LPA) Mok conducted an unannounced case management visit to complete the inspection of the new classroom. LPA met with the site director, Marisol Ostorga. The purpose of the inspection was explained to her. There were 78 children with 24 staff that included 5 sub teachers present. Per licensee request, they needed a new classroom to be license, so they could move the children from Classroom #5 to #7 (it's called "ESL') by July 5, 2017. LPA already did the inspection on the ESL classroom on 6/14/17. LPA inspected the # 7 for the completion. Licensee already installed the 2 sinks for the children in the classroom. Facility also took down the counter along the wall that was across the bathroom and the sinks areas. The total measurement of the room was 1389.84, allowing 39 children. There were 2 toilets and 2 sinks in the classroom. Children from #7 will share the play ground with the children from other classrooms. Facility was granted with the Waiver of Schedule Playground already. Per licensee, fire marshal will conduct 2nd inspection on 6/29/17. If licensee needed to use the classroom by 7/5/17, Licensee needs to complete and submit the proof of correction to CCL by 6/30/17 for the approval.|
Facility must complete the following items for the approval:
- Fire inspection approval has to be received by CCL
- All electrical outlets have to be covered across the sink area
- Child proof knob has to be installed to the Staff office door.
- Children's toilet on the left has to be fixed because it's not working.
- The window lock has to be fixed at the Window #6 from the right that was facing to the play ground.
- First aid kit has to be available in the classroom.
This report and notice of site visit were discussed with the licensee and must be made available to the public upon request. For quarterly update on Licensing information, go to CCL website: www.ccld.ca.gov. For Provider Information Notice: ccld.ca.gov/PG5098.htm